Nickname: "The People's Champion", "The Junkyard Bot"
Bot Type: Sparring
After Noisy Boy was destroyed, Charlie Kenton needed a new robot, so he and Max Kenton went to a junkyard to salvage parts to create a new robot. After Max fell off a hill and got snagged on a robot arm, he discovered that it was an entire robot. Max used a hook connected to their cart to hoist up Atom out of the ditch. Later, Max cleaned off Atom to discover his name written on his chest. After lots of begging from Max, Charlie agreed to take Atom to The Zoo to fight. Max got Atom a fight with Metro, and after taking a pounding in the first round, Atom dodged his previous downfall, and with a quick double uppercut, Atom gave Metro a system malfunction, and won $2,000.
A bystander invited the two to a fight, and Atom went on a winning streak. After defeating robots such as Blacktop, Six Shooter and more, they finally got invited to an official WRB fight with Twin Cities. Despite the fact that the opponent's technology was much more advanced, Atom won yet again, and Max challenged
Charlie Kenton trained Atom to use his small size to his advantage by punching up and using inertia to create more force. His main form of attacks are right hooks and an uppercut finisher. However, he has weaknesses, due to his fighting set being pre-programed moves, they can be easily intercepted due to the fact that they can't change, but his shadow boxing feature and the ability to create new combos via basic commands can compensate for said weaknesses. He fights his opponents by finding and attacking weaknesses and openings until they close, he then (if needed) starts this again.
Special Moves: Jumping Straight, Rolling Uppercut, Double Uppercut, Charlie Special, and Dancing Body Blow Combo. Showboat (It's not really a combo, but can be used as a move.)
Special Feature: Shadow Mode
Improvements: Voice recognition system salvaged from Noisy Boy and a G2 remote controller salvaged from Ambush. (Which is killed later by Max Kenton, when he installes the salvaged voice recognition.)
Weight: 700 lbs
Trainer: Charlie Kenton
Handler: Max Kenton
Real Steel World Robot Boxing
Atom is an Under World 1 fighting bot that can be unlocked for 110 real gold sometimes the price will have a 10% discount depending on the day. He is more expensive than some other premium bosses (possibly due to his popularity).
2.- Super Uppercut (Touchdown)
3.- Ultra Uppercut (Camelot)
Announcer's Quote: "Hailing from parts unknown, it's the People's Champion. Here's...Atom!"
Gold VersionA Gold Version of Atom. Gold bots have much higher stats than the original versions. However, there are no visible changes shown in stages 3 and 7.
- In the official picture, Atom's headband and gloves are brown, but in the movie, they are bronze. However, it could be just the lighting.
- When moving, he appears to make a medium pitch hum.
- Atom is shown to move faster in shadow mode than using the voice recognition.
- He is the only bot in the Real Steel movie to not have a faceplate.
- Despite having a strong enough build to withstand Zeus' attacks in the movie - Atom is extremely weaker than Zeus in the game Real Steel WRB. Extreme precaution must be taken to ensure victory over Zeus, as he will make short work of Atom. However, in Real Steel WRB, players can spend some gold to buff Atom to be as strong as Zeus.
- Also according to Hugh Jackman (Charlie), he was once Gamma's sparring bot.
- Atom is the only known robot in the movie to have some level of sentience. This was proven when Max asked Atom if he could understand him, to which he gently nodded in reply.
- His name "ATOM" maybe be a reference to his small size compared to most other robots.
- Atom's stats were buffed in the iOS game, in comparison to earlier games.
- If you look closely at his face, you can see a tear in the mesh which makes him smiling.
- Due to Atom's design as a sparring robot, he is argrubly the most durable bot in the series.